Planning to replace your windows? One of the first steps in the process is a consultation with your contractor.
If you’re planning to have your windows replaced, here are questions you should ask during a consultation.
- Ask about the project timeline. Planning is vital to the success of your window project. Make sure your contractor has the entire process laid out and can inform you about how long the job will take. If they are replacing multiple windows, find out if they will be able to install all new windows at the same time or if the installations will need to be spaced out.
- Ask about potential hidden fees. Some companies will sneak in hidden fees for installation jobs. This is a practice that is frowned upon and may even be considered unethical. As a customer, you should be aware of all the expenses that will be charged to you. Before signing a contract, ask the contractor if there are any fees not clearly stated in their quote. You should receive a written estimate with a detailed breakdown of costs.
- Ask about their products. Familiarize yourself with the available options. Learn about the different functions of the windows offered. Check their energy efficiency, security features, maintenance requirements, etc.
- Ask how the windows work. Be sure to ask your window company which window styles best cater to your needs. For instance, if you want windows that open easily, sliding windows might be a better option for you.
- Ask about the interior and exterior finishes. Make sure your replacement windows match your interior and exterior design. This is important in maintaining a cohesive look for your home.
Renewal by Andersen of Central Pennsylvania offers a wide selection of replacement windows and doors. Call us at (717) 929-8610 or fill out our online form to schedule a free in-home consultation.