- How do I know if I need replacement windows?
- Stand or sit in front of your windows on a chilly day, or better still, hold a candle at the window. If you see the flame flicker and you feel a draft, that’s a sign that your windows are letting outside air come in, and the heated air inside your home is escaping. Replacing your old windows with better quality windows will be a smart decision. New replacement windows have improved thermal and insulating properties in the glass that eliminates drafts, keeping your home warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.
- What does it mean if windows are Green Seal Certified and/or Energy Star Rated?
- Green Seal Certification is the national nonprofit environmental organization that awards a “Green Seal” to products that meet environmental standards for energy efficiency.
Energy Star® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Energy Star® windows are rated by the National Fenestration Rating Council, an independent industry-wide standard for rating windows based on thermal insulating performance.
Our windows are all Energy Star qualified for all climate zones.
- Will new replacement windows really lower heating and cooling costs?
- Yes they will. Our windows are proven and guaranteed to make your home 64% more energy efficient in winter and 48% more energy efficient in summer.
- Will new replacement windows stop leaky drafts?
- Yes. New replacement windows are being made with superior glass technology and construction materials that insulate and resist heat transfer up to four to five times better. This also eliminates problems with condensation on your windows.
- How do I make the best choice about where to buy replacement windows?
- Always look for a quality window brand name. Companies who have been manufacturing windows for decades have set the standard for developing the best window technology and that will give you peace of mind in knowing they’ll be here to stand behind their windows and their warranties. Buy your windows from a factory certified installer that also has years of experience in the home improvement industry. When it comes to making choices for your home, you are wise to work only with companies that have proven reputations.
- How long will it take to get new replacement windows installed?
- Most installations can be done in a day. Our window design consultant will meet with you to show you a style and color options in choosing new replacement windows for your home. After you’ve made your style and color choices, our head of installation will come do exact measurements and determine whether you need full frame replacement or only insert replacement. Then we’ll order you windows and schedule the installation day with you. It’s a very easy and hassle-free process.
- My house is old. Will I be able to get replacement windows that match the style of my house?
- Yes. Our replacement windows are available in a variety of casement and double hung options, as well as gliding windows, awning windows, bay, bow, and combination picture windows. You can also get them with or without grills.
- Do my new replacement windows need to be the same size and shape as my current windows?
- No. Our expert installers can replace existing windows with different styles and shapes. Our window design consultant will meet with you to show you all your options.
- Can I change the look of my house with new replacement windows?
- Yes you can. New replacement windows are a great way to update your home, bring more light into your home, and give it a face-lift that adds to your home’s value.
- I have odd sized windows. Can I get new replacement windows to fit?
- Yes. Odd sized windows are no problem. Your window design consultant will show you the many custom options you have.
- Will I be able to get screens for my new windows?
- Yes. We have screens available to custom fit the windows we sell and install. The screens are finished to match your windows and our new screen technology increases your visibility by 50% more than older style screens.