Renewal by Andersen of Central PA prides itself in having one of the best teams around. Any person that comes to your home from RBA Central PA has been extensively trained and tested on the product as well as customer service. But, if you haven’t contacted us for your window replacements yet or are looking to do work somewhere else in the house, RBA would still like to give you a few pointers on what to look out for when choosing the company you welcome into your home.
Here are a few major points that you should look into whether you are doing specialty projects or hiring a contractor:
- Company History: Research the company or contractor you are choosing. Make sure they have a long history in the community or a stable business background. Especially in the recovering economy, you have to protect yourself from the possibility of hiring someone that will go out of business.
- Read Reviews: Even if they come highly recommended to you, make sure you seek out other reviews online. Utilize websites like Yelp, Better Business Bureau and Facebook to see other people’s opinions. You can also ask for company references of past jobs they have done and you should actually call them!
- Ask for Identification: Whenever someone comes to your door and claims they are representing the company you are working with, always ask for identification. Reputable businesses and representatives will always be able to provide this with no problem. Know the people that you are inviting in and if you do live alone, try not to broadcast it to whoever they are.
- Ask Questions! Your home is tied to your emotions and you need to feel comfortable with someone working inside or on it. Know as much as you can about the overall process of the home improvement and make sure you ask any questions you have before they start. Also, feel free to watch the work being done and ask questions along the way.
- Obtain Written Contract: After given a quote or scheduled the work, make sure it is in writing! There should be no surprise costs and events. You should have a hard copy of how much you paid, will pay, and what product you have ordered. Installation dates may depend on ordering from the company or anything specially made but they should be able to give you a rough estimate. An informed customer is a welcome customer for reputable companies!
- Quality of Product: Most people debate the difference between the products you receive from companies and contractors and ones you can pick up at your local home improvement store. Before buying anything, make sure you know the difference between each of the products that are offered and which has the higher quality and will fit your home better. RBA of Central PA sells a very high quality window that you cannot get anywhere else.
- Trained Installers: The final step in any project is the installation. Another difference between companies and home improvement stores is the training of the installers. RBA’s installers are specially trained in our own windows and doors and most of the home improvement stores have men or women who do not have a specialty, just general knowledge on many things. Although they may be able to get the job done, I always feel better to have trained professionals working on my home
We do hope that these tips help you on your next home improvement project and if it happens to be Renewal by Andersen windows, we welcome any questions or research you have done. Good luck!