After being cooped up all winter, it’s time to embrace the fresh beauty of spring. Not only does this season bring a promise of warm days to come, but it also reminds us that it’s time to make our home come alive. Most people engage in at least one or two bouts of spring cleaning to help boost the freshness of their home. However, there are a few other ways to make your house feel airier, lighter and brighter:
- Bring the outside indoors with plants. The greenness of plants adds an element of the outdoors to any room. You can even use the plants to decorate your Mechanicsburg replacement windows. Placing a potted plant in your bay or bow window will give your room some color and life.
- Change your window treatments. It’s not unusual for homeowners to have window treatments that are darker during the wintertime, and then swap those treatments for less heavy ones when spring rolls around. Linen and lace designs can add a gentle touch.
- Open all your windows on a regular basis. Unless you have serious allergies, why not open up your windows and let the breeze come in? You don’t have to keep your windows open all day — even a few hours will change the atmosphere and scent of your house.
- Try some commercial air fresheners. Commercial air fresheners, such as the plug-in models, can quickly spread throughout your whole house. Try to pick an aroma that’s delicate and fresh for the springtime, such as a sea breeze.
- Declutter your living areas. Nothing makes a room seem heavier than having too much stuff in it. The fewer items that are located in a space, the more spacious and roomy the area will appear. As you declutter, see if there’s anything you can donate to the local Community Aid or Salvation Army facility.
- Swap out your throw pillows. After decluttering your living area, it’s time to replace all those dark-colored throw pillows on your chairs and sofas. Choose ones in bright, spring colors — your space will be completely transformed by simple accents that have a major effect.
- Get a new bedspread or quilt. Nothing says “spring” in the bedroom more than a new bedspread or quilt. Pick a pattern that will stand out without being too dark. Greens, golds and blues are terrific shades to set off the beauty of a bedroom.
After you spend just a little bit of time making your home feel, look and smell fresher, it’s time to enjoy all the wonderful opportunities that spring brings in Harrisburg, Mechanicsburg, Camp Hill, Altoona, Bedford, Williamsport, State College and all of Central PA. Your home deserves to freshen up, and so do you!