Sustainable Windows from Renewal by Andersen
Our Fibrex® construction combines the best features of wooden and vinyl windows and greatly reduces the environmental impact that comes from construction. Renewal by Andersen energy efficient windows have an extended life-cycle, backed by one of the best warranties available today. Renewal by Andersen windows save energy at every step of the process:
- Manufacture – made from recycled products
- Installation – professional installation ensures maximum performance
- Longevity – increased life-cycle means less waste
We have earned qualification from several independent sustainability ratings agencies, including:
- SCS Indoor Advantage™ Gold certification – we are the only replacement window company to earn this honor.
- ENERGY STAR® qualification – all of our windows are 14% more energy-efficient than the ENERGY STAR® requirements.
- Green Seal® certification – This honor means our products are environmentally preferable and meet energy efficiency standards.
- Good Housekeeping Seal – We earned this prestigious mark of approval for the quality of our products and superior customer satisfaction.
- National Fenestration Rating Council – Independent window ratings agency recognition for energy efficiency
You can read more about our environmental commitment on our energy efficiency page.
Renewal by Andersen’s Environmental and Energy Solutions
1. Renewing Existing Housing
Making homes more energy efficient benefits property values, neighborhood livability, and keeps older homes relevant longer. Replacing inefficient windows and doors is beneficial in lowering your energy cost and consumption, and gives you more control of your comfort and pocketbook.
2. Indoor Air Quality – Certified to meet the strictest indoor air emission standard in the United States.
Most of us spend 90% of our lives indoors where toxins can enter the air through off-gassing: a process where toxins are released through evaporation from building materials. Some products continue this evaporation for years after their installation which means you continue to breathe these chemicals night and day. Choosing responsibly manufactured products is good for everyone. Fresh air should be all you breathe after replacing your windows.
3. Smart Use of Materials – Leadership in reclaiming and reusing materials
Our Fibrex material frames and sash contain 40% reclaimed wood fiber by weight. Fibrex material offers the strength and insulating value of wood with the low maintenance features of vinyl. We reclaim much of our wood fiber from Andersen Corporation’s wood window manufacturing facilities. High-Performance™ Low-E4® Glass Standard on all Renewal by Andersen windows, High-Performance Low-E4 glass features an innovative coating that, when activated by sunlight, helps reduce water spots. This makes your view better and cleaning easier. What’s more, our glass helps block harmful UV rays entering your home and cuts down on noise pollution by reducing sound penetration.
4. Smart Use of Energy
The U.S. Department of Energy estimates that windows can account for as much as 40% of your annual heating and cooling costs. Our newest glass option, SmartSun™ glass, is our most energy efficient glass ever. SmartSun glass is 70% more efficient in summer and 45% more energy efficient in winter than ordinary dual pane glass.
5. Long Product Lifecycles
Construction waste is a major source of landfill waste in the United States. Every day, Renewal by Andersen replaces windows in homes that are less than 10 years old. Choosing products that are built to last is one of the most important ways to limit landfill waste. Saving a few dollars now could mean another replacement project just a few years down the road, but with Renewal by Andersen, you’ll have confidence your new windows will provide many years of comfort and peace of mind.