At Renewal by Andersen in Central PA, we live and breathe replacement windows. That’s one of the reasons we love the holidays so much. After all, there’s so much you can do to decorate your windows for Christmastime. If you need some inspiration to turn your Mechanicsburg windows into the talk of the neighborhood, why not try some of these ideas? They’re sure to turn heads and show off your festive home.
- Hang wreaths on the outside of your windows.
Why should your doors have all the fun? Hanging wreaths on the outside of your windows, at least in the front of your house, will spruce up your whole property. Stick with real wreaths if at all possible, or create your own using seasonal flora such as berries, holly and tree branches. Add a touch of color with a red bow for extra style points.
- Add candles to the interior of each window on the sill.
There’s something about candles and Christmas that go together like Santa and elves. While it’s important to remember that actual candles should not remain lit when someone will not be in the room, there are plenty of styles of battery-operated candles that can be left to blaze all evening. Many advanced models even have automatic shut-off options in case you forget to turn them off.
- Light up your whole property.
Are you a Christmas traditionalist? Then you know the value that twinkling lights can bring to the outside of your home during this time of year. Whether you choose to string lights around each of your Mechanicsburg windows, or whether you simply drape the lights from the eaves surrounding those windows, you’ll be highlighting your home in a spectacular way. Don’t forget to add lights to the exterior elements of your property, if applicable. This can include walkways, lamp poles, porches, trees and shrubbery.
Remember that there’s no one way to highlight your replacement windows. Just make sure you follow a few important guidelines:
- Always keep safety first. If you don’t have a sturdy ladder, don’t try to hang items on your second- or third-story windows.
- Less is often more. Unless you’re trying to win a “most lights in the area” contest, you don’t have to pull out all the stops to make your house look amazing and festive.
- Get the family involved. Whether it’s just the two of you, or you have a whole brood, decorating your Renewal by Andersen windows can be a family affair. Afterwards, you can enjoy the fruits of your labor, as well as some well-earned cocoa.
Have a merry Christmas, and please feel free to send us pictures of your decorations. We’d love to see what you’ve created.