Spring is a time of year when the desire to redecorate strikes some individuals, couples and families full-force. There also seems to be a strong movement toward particular colors. Today, those colors include seafoam, tangerine and icy strawberry. This means many people will be choosing these hues to transform rooms into chic, modern areas.
Seafoam, tangerine and icy strawberry shades convey a sense of warmth and bright appeal, and they match the feel of springtime. They are also bold — just like spring, there’s nothing subtle about them, although they can be used minimally to add a slight pop rather than a bold swath of color.
How to Try These Colors in Your Home
What happens if your budget isn’t as big as your redecorating dreams? Not to worry. There are several ways to frugally use seafoam, tangerine, icy strawberry or any other hue into your living spaces and transform your look! Try some of these ideas:
- Purchase or make new throw pillows. One of the fastest and cheapest ways to change the appearance of a living room or family room is to switch out the pillows. If you don’t want to purchase new ones, you can buy fabric and make pillow covers to use with your current pillows.
- Swap out your window treatments. Draperies, curtains and other window accessories are great ways to add some color to your room. Find the ones that will make your Harrisburg home windows stand out, and warm up your room for spring.
- Add a large painting to your wall. It doesn’t take a Picasso to turn a plain canvas into a work of art. Try creating a painting for your wall in your chosen color. You could even make small canvas blocks, and hang them on the wall to add a pattern.
- Add an area rug in the shade you prefer. Area rugs cannot compete with the price of wall-to-wall carpet, yet they add a tremendous sense of warmth and visual appeal to any room.
- Try “color blocking” your shelves with like-colored items. If you like the seafoam color, purchase a few attractive items or frames in those colors. Then, arrange the colorful items on bookshelves or on tabletops to create little “color blocks” around your home.
- Hang scarves on the wall as murals. You can often find inexpensive, gorgeous pashmina style scarves, especially at the end of the winter season. Use them as mural hangings or drape them over the backs of chairs.
No matter what you do, personalize your home and get it ready for spring with some unique, transformative decorating decisions. Your house will be full of warmth and color, and your wallet won’t take a hit in the process.