Photo by: eyesogreen
In the last couple of weeks, the employees of Renewal by Andersen of Central PA have had the opportunity to participate in a “Biggest Loser” competition. Although it is similar to the one many of you are familiar with on television, there is one BIG difference. This competition is focused on becoming healthy so you are able to transfer that health to other areas of your life, including your home.
Joe Green, certified fitness expert, is the man behind the idea, “Your Healthy House, Health & Fitness Program.” This program is designed to help all of us and you become healthy from the inside out. He has been able to collect money saving guidelines and motivational tips through his years of experience and hundreds of satisfied clients.
This competition is between two teams of employees, but is different from what you see on television because he measures success by:
- Percentage of body fat loss – Getting healthy from the inside out, taking care of the heart
- Percentage of inches lost – Reducing obesity related health risks
- Percentage of weight lost – Increasing the quality and quantity of the life you live
- Teaching how to adopt changes permanently and helping you understand how to maintain results
How this is connected to the house you live in:
- Healthy habits lead to a healthier, cleaner and more productive home environment
- Your body is your “Healthy House” and must be strong to survive
- Studies show healthier individuals save money by their eating habits alone
- Use of less energy from utilities and equipment, including vehicles
Joe’s Motivating and Money Saving Tips:
- Give Your Space a Face: The most critical tip! Designate an area in your home to work out and make sure it is a place you enjoy being. A temperature controlled area that is well lit and/or exposed to natural sunlight and decorated nicely will have an amazing impact on you and your motivation
- “GO GREEN”: Great energy saving and money making tip. Get on that old treadmill and start walking without turning on the power. It gives you the benefit of getting your cardio exercise in and resistance training for your legs and buns because you’re moving the belt instead of the motor. No electricity needed, money saved and the only energy spent were the calories you burned.
- Insulate Your Workouts: Create and designate a space where you’ll workout and be able to pump up the volume on your iPod and get a good sweat
Make sure you keep these tips in mind:
- Keep your space private and separate from other distractions in the home
- Sound proof as much as possible so you do not disturb others
- Make sure it is temperature controlled to avoid sprains/strains
With these tips and a little self motivation, you will be able to say that you and your home are as healthy as can be! RBA of Central PA is committed to it and in just three short weeks under Joe’s guidance and motivation, we have lost 5% of our combined body weight.
For more information, including healthy recipes, tips, exercise and equipment information:
Joe Green, CPFT, CNC, CES
Fit For You – Fitness Pros.
3301 Schoolhouse Lane
Harrisburg, PA 17109